The current USAT & WTF competition rules will govern this championship. The tournament director may modify some rules according to the local conditions. They also reserve the right to combine or divide weight categories depending on the size of the group.
Legal Scoring Area
Body: The blue or red colored area of the body protector
Head: The area above the collarbone (i.e. whole part of the head including both ears and the back of the head).
The valid points are divided as follows:
|a valid kick on the trunk protector||2 Points|
|a valid punch on the trunk protector||1 Point|
|a valid turning kick to the trunk protector||4 Points|
|a valid kick to the head||3 Points|
|Point Gap||Ceiling Point|
*Unlike Senior Rules, turning kicks to the head will not be awarded an extra point in divisions competing under the Junior Safety Rules.
*Match score shall be the sum of points of the two or three rounds depend upon divisions.
*In the event of a tie, during over time match, whoever gets the first two-point wins.
If nobody scored during the Overtime Round, it will be referee/judge’s decision.
Prohibited acts and Penalties
- Penalties shall be declared by the referee.
- Prohibited acts which described in article 14 shall be penalized with “Gam-jeom (deduction penalty)” by referee.
- A “Gam-jeom” shall be counted as one (1) point for the opposing contestant.
- Crossing the Boundary Line
- Avoiding or delaying the match
- Grabbing or pushing the opponent
- Lifting the leg to block and/or kicking the opponent’s leg to impede the opponent’s kicking attack, or lifting a leg or kicking in the air for more than 3 seconds to impede the opponent’s potential attacking movements, or aiming a kick below the waist
- Kicking below the waist
- Attacking the opponent after “Kal-yeo”
- Hitting the opponent’s head with the hand
- Butting or attacking with the knee
- Attacking the fallen opponent
Following misconducts of contestant or coach:
- Not complying with the referee’s command or decision
- Inappropriate protesting of officials’ decisions
- Inappropriate attempts to disturb or influence the outcome of the match
- Provoking or insulting the opposing contestant or coach
- Unaccredited doctor/physicians or other team officials found to be seated in the doctor’s position
- Any other severe misconduct or unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of a contestant or coach
Procedure for Superiority:
- At the end of the overtime round, the referee takes two steps back, and says “Woo-se ki-rok.”
- The corner judges complete their cards, and present them to the referee.
- The referee completes his/her own card, records the result, confirms the result with the T.A., and declares the winner.
- With two corner judges, if there is a tie, whichever player the referee voted for is the winner.
- The referee turns the cards over to the T.A.
- Total of 10 Gam-jeom penalty.
- Competitor or coach intentionally disobeys the referee, the competition rules, displays unsportsmanlike Conduct, or does not show up in time for the match.
- Heavy contact to the head with the hand or foot that results in an injury or injuring any opponent and rendering him or her unable to continue. (Junior Safety Rules).
- Foul (Profanity) language by coach/player/ parent; bad conduct/behavior; verbal abuse.
Based on the above rules and regulations, the following Sparring rules will be applied to the 2020 Tet Open Taekwondo Championship.
NO HEAD CONTACT
There is absolutely no head contact for competitors 11 & Under All Black Belt and Color Belt Divisions
|Age 11 and under (All Belts)||1 minute||2 Rounds (30 sec rest)||No Head Contact|
JSR (LIGHT HEAD CONTACT):
Junior Safety Rules will be applied to the following Age group. A head contact producing a minor injury (bruising, abrasion, or bleeding) will result in a Gam-jeom, one point deduction for the attacker. Excessive head contact resulting in the inability to continue will disqualify the attacker at the discretion of the referee.
|Age 12 and over (All Color Belts)||1 minute||2 Rounds (30 sec rest)||JSR|
|Age 12-14 (Black Belts)||1 minute||2 Rounds (30 sec rest)||JSR|
|Age 33 and over (Black Belts)||1 minute||2 Rounds (30 sec rest)||JSR|
Full Head Contact (World Class Sparring Division)
Full head contact is allowed for 15-32 BLACK BELT ONLY with 3 points being awarded for legal head contact or 5 points for any spinning techniques to the head.
|Age 15 – 17 (Black Belts)||90 Seconds||3 Rounds (30 sec rest)||Full|
|Age 18 – 32 (Black Belts)||90 Seconds||3 Rounds (30 sec rest)||Full|
Note: Weigh-In: 15-32 year-old MUST weigh-in on the day of the tournament during staging