Competitors are required to perform only the Poomsae (form) designated for their specific rank. Scores are based on:
- Accuracy: correct movement, correct placement of technique, balance
- Presentation: Strength, speed, rhythm, expression of energy
Authorized Poomsae are those approved by the World Taekwondo Federation: Taeguek 1-8 Jang and black belt Poomsae: Koryo, Keumgang, Taebaek, etc. Black belts must demonstrate a form that corresponds with their rank.
|Regular poomsae||All Color Belts||Taeguek (your belt level)|
|Black Belt (11 and Under Only)||1 Dan-Koryo, 2 Dan-Keumgang and 3 Dan-Taeback|
|Open poomsae||All belts||Palgae or other form|
- Spectators and parents will not be allowed on the competition floor during competition.
- No shoes, jewelry, or accessories are allowed. Clean uniform and belt are required.
- Gender and ranks may be combined at the discretion of the tournament director.
- Medals will be awarded to all participants 11 and under for regular poomsae or 10 and under for open poomsae.
- For participants 12 and Up for regular poomsae and 11 and over for open poomsae: 1st, 2nd, and Two 3rd place winners in each division will be awarded trophies.